This is the Dirtywave M8. It looks like a great piece of kit to play around with. I’ve stuck this up on Interesting in Sleevenotes so I remember about it further down the line when it can be bought in the UK and so that other interested people can see it too.
Anything that’s a synth + sampler + sequencer has my interest. Good work!
Go check it out.
Portable tracker sequencer and synthesizer M8 is powered by the Teensy micro-controller and inspired with love from the renowned Gameboy tracker Little Sound DJ. Featuring 8 tracks of freely assignable instruments capable of a wide range of sounds including waveform synthesis, FM, virtual analog, sample playback, and MIDI output. Check out #M8Tracker on Twitter and our Discord Server meet-up videos on Youtube.
- 8 Monophonic Tracks/Voices
- 255 Patterns/Phrases & chains
- 256 Instrument Tables for advanced modulation
- 128 Instruments per song
- Song Arranger with Live mode
- Instantaneous song recall
- Full MIDI input & Output support
Instruments & Effects
- Wavsynth – Classic console & computer chip emulation.
- Macrosynth – Based on Mutable Instruments Braids
- FM – 4 OP 12 algorithm with feedback per operator.
- Sampler – 8/16/24 bit mono and full stereo wav format.
- MIDI Instruments with 10 user definable CCs.
- Global reverb, chorus, delay and a master bus limiter.
- Sample recording and song rendering/bouncing.
- No sample memory or length limitation.
- 3.5mm TRS MIDI (Type A or Type B) input and output.
- Stereo audio input and Headphone/main output
- USB MIDI and Audio compliant
- SDHC Micro SD slot for storage
- 1200mAh USB rechargeable battery – up to 6 hours use.
- High quality 2.8″ IPS display with capacitive touch
- Dimensions: 96mm x 133mm x 18~20mm